The electrical installation operation service includes maintenance, inspection, upkeep, switching and extension operations necessary for the operation of the building’s electrical installation and other related activities. However, the running service does not have to be limited to what is required by law, a good partner can advise the client in a wide variety of areas.
If the rated current of the main fuse is more than 100 A, the owner of the building has a legal obligation to appoint an operator of the electrical installation, who prepares the operation plan and organizes its implementation on the basis of the operation log. The obligation to appoint an operator may also arise in the case of an installation with a main fuse of up to 100 amps, for example in the case of a building located in an explosion hazard zone, a hazardous plant, a hospital or treatment building, a treatment room or a high-voltage installation. See also https://www.riigiteataja.ee/
A good maintenance of electrical installations partner will help with all kinds of electrical problems and desires. In addition to periodic inspections and faults, the partner is available and ready to advise on all kinds of electrical and automation issues or can refer to a partner who has daily contact with the issue. Digital storage of documentation is also important so that it is not lost, costly, easy to share and can benefit other technical systems maintenance partners.
Typical errors and deficiencies in the operational maintenance of electrical installations service.
- There is no will or competence to advise the client on various issues on a daily basis.
- The Maintenance of electrical installations is done sloppily and only to fulfil the signature requirement.
- There are no up-to-date diagrams and an overview of the electrical installation.
- No operational plan has been drawn up or it is out of date.
- The installation is unmaintained and the electrical switchboards are dirty inside, causing a risk of failure.
- There are uninsulated instructions that endanger personnel.
- The connections are not tightened regularly, which poses a risk of fire.
- Safety requirements are not guaranteed.